Monday, November 17, 2008

WHY?

Within the last 2 hours, I'm feeling overwhelmed-
This is the time of day that I dread. How can I turn my frown upside down?!
I'm never quite done with MY day, so I can give my kids the undivided attention that they need after school. I feel like everything goes sideways once they start stampeding through the door. I'm not prepared.

Why is it so hard to stay on task?
Why are there so many "good things" that take up the entire day, so you feel guilty?
Why is there always enough time for the mundane, and not for the fun?
Why are kids so excited that they "twitch" begging to go over to friend's houses when they've been with them all day at school?
Why is it so hard to be motivated to exercise when I know it's good for my mental (and physical)well-being?

Monday blahs...Sitting here in jammies (well, sweats -- I had hoped to exercise)...still...reading everyone's blogs. Some days you just have one of "those" days where you can't seem to find the time to even get ready. And that's ok. It's been a relaxing day of sorts. I love being in Utah, don't get me wrong, but I miss my sister alot today. I love our chats knowing that we KNOW what the other one is going through. Talking a million miles an hour just to end with the exact same sentence...like twins finishing each other's thoughts. I love her as my best friend. I also miss my Oregon friends. The true blue kind that know-everything-about-you-and-love-you-just-the- same-friends! I haven't heard from Alisa or Layne in forever, so it's good to reconnect via their blog entries over the past few months. Every one is so busy and their kids are growing up so fast. It's hard to believe my own life and that I have a daughter that is graduating from High School this year! Feelings of nostalgia and longing...

I don't know how to make my blog any more colorful and inserting photos is just too much trouble. I can't ever find my pix when I download them. It puts them in a weird place and I need Tom here to find 'em! Someday... It's good to have a goal, right?

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Seriously?! I can't believe you posted! I have been thinking about you all weekend! I started to call on Saturday but talked myself out of it thinking "who wants a down phone call?" (saturday was a doozy)
I kind of want to call tonight- everything is still here in my house except the sound of the washer and dryer. I might actually be able to carry on a conversation.
But its late-
I will call tomorrow.
So glad you posted!